Monday, July 13, 2009

England

Here are some shots from England, as promised!

This was definitely one of my favorite stops while we were in London. My favorite movie of all time is Notting Hill. My mom and I have probably watched it 30 times, and we still laugh and cry at all the same spots. Anyways, Hugh Grant's character, William Thacker, owns The Travel Bookshop in Notting Hill. THIS IS IT! It's the real one! I peaked inside (it was closed) and everything is the same. There is a small wooden desk in the corner where he had his cash register etc. etc. Matt couldn't quite understand why I was so enthralled with this store, or why we had to take a 30 minute Tube ride out to Notting Hill just so I could see some bookstore, but he went and happily took pictures for me.
Here is Matt in front of Center Court at Wimbledon. We were nearing the end of our long day in London but knew we wanted to get out to see Wimbledon, so we arrived here around 8:30. It was great to see the courts! We couldn't go in, but we took lots of pictures outside the gates.
Big Ben!
This is in Southampton. Matt and my oldest cousin, Ian, went to a tank museum for the day while I hung out with Mark and Holly. (Mark is 23(?) and Holly is 11.) We went out to the beach and saw the Isle of Wight. It was a great day! I didn't want to go to a tank museum, that's for sure, but Matt and Ian had so much fun!

From left to right: Ian, Katy, Fred, Mark.
This is in their house in Southampton. It was great to spend time with them- they are such great people, and I'm sure I've said this before but they were so good to us! We want them to come visit us soon!

No comments: