Friday, March 27, 2009

Secret Beach & Foil Dinners

If any of you have ever been to Camp Firwood, you know what I'm talking about. Ahhh the glory of a foil dinner. Bell peppers, potatoes, onions, carrots, and, of course, lots and lots of sausage. Mmmm delicious. I remember being a camper and always wishing (and praying, I'm sure) that my cabin would win the barbeque sauce for our campout. Long story short, tonight we had bbq and it was absolutely fabulous. I made the trek down to Secret Beach with my good friends Dustin and Nat, and then three other friends who staffed at FW with D last summer. We had such a great time. This is me and Dustin down at Secret Beach, which is located off of Chuckanut past Larrabee State Park. This next picture had great potential, but our lovely friend Dustin wanted to join us.Can I just say that Nat added an awful lot of spice to this little trip. He is deathly afraid of heights, and not exactly what one would call "the outdoorsy type." I laughed so hard on the way down the mountain. It's steep. VERY steep. So Nat just looked down in absolute terror and he clawed his way down. For me, it was completely hilarious. Poor guy.



This is Keaton. Yes, he is a stud, and yes, he is holding a disgusting, rotten crab. Sick. He pitched this crab to Dustin and D hit it with his makeshift bat into the water. The poor crab broke into a million pieces.


Overall, the night was great. It was a nice night, no beautiful sunset, but no rain. We had the beach all to ourselves, and it was so good to enjoy the company of friends. The one downside? I smell like campfire. Boo.

No comments: