Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hark! (That was for you, monkey!)

I love Paris.
(So does Matt. I also love blogging- not the same for him.)

Okay, here we go...

Yay! We made friends! We met two new friends from eastern France in the train station the other night, and they had just missed their train and needed a place to sleep for the night. They have been away in Sweden for ten months and were trying to get home. We walked them over to our hostel, and they asked if we would like to go out with them for the night. There names are Emily and William, and they were so much fun! So the four of us, plus Netty and Henry (our roommates from Texas) and another friend from Paris, Thomas, went out on a late night adventure. We left our hostel at 11 at night and walked around Paris for a few hours! We had so much fun!! We laughed so hard and also got to see Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower all lit up. We sat on the Pont Neuf (a beautiful bridge overlooking all sorts of gorgeous buildings) and shared stories and adventures. I just realized that I have a new memory card in so I cant show you pictures of us all. Bummer. Sorry.

Today I've been a little under the weather, I started to feel really gross last night and ended up laying in the hostel reading for a few hours while Matt went out. We walked to the pharmacy this morning and got me some meds, so hopefully that'll help out. We had a pretty low key day today because of this, but it has actually turned out to be my favorite day in Paris! The sun finally came out, and we were able to walk around and really enjoy the scenery. Everything is much more beautiful when the canvas behind it is a bright blue sky!

We walked back over to Pont Neuf, and then walked over to the Louvre. We decided not to go inside, but instead walked around the gardens and fountains. It was so gorgeous! Next we walked over to the Arc de Triomphe. This was a few mile walk, but it was really nice in the sun today. Lots of peope were out walking and biking around.

Matt on Pont Neuf.

Us at the Arc de Triomphe.


Yesterday we went out to Versailles, which was amazing. The decoration in there totally blows my mind! The gardens are absolutely stunning, and to see the King and Queen's chambers was really something!



Can you imagine having every single room in your house painted like this?? Yeah. Crazy stuff.

We head out late tonight to Dublin. We have to catch a bus at 8:30 tonight to get to the little airport, and we have a room booked for tonight. :) We are SOO excited!

Hope all is well, here are some prayer requests:
-That I'll start feeling better.
- That our flight will go smoothly. (Apparently these little planes are a little sketchy!)
-That we quickly find our hostel tonight! We're arriving after midnight so we won't have much help getting around.
-That we'll regain some energy. We have both been dragging for the last couple days, and we want to keep going as hard as we have been. We've seen a lot, and definitely want to keep that up.

Thanks everyone, hope Bellingham isn't too lonely without us. :)

Oh! Oh! Oh!
PS. We found our first Starbucks yesterday and it was amazing. I was a very happy girl!

Au revoir!

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Thanks for the great update! I'm glad you have made some friends along the way. That makes your trip all the more memorable. Hopefully you exchanged email addresses! I'll be praying you feel better Katy.

Kamille said...

sending my prayers right now! So glad you got some sunshine and met some wonderful people.

Katy Robinson said...

Thanks for the prayers, you two. I've been taking lots of medicine and loads of vitamins, so tomorrow should really turn up for me. :)

Katy Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arleen said...

So glad you were able to get on a flight to Dublin. The air traffic control strike was a real bummer. You were right Matt, it was just in France so it won't affect you again. Katy I hope you are feeling better. I hope you will catch up on rest when you arrive at Nick's in Edinburgh. Give him hugs from me. And take care of each other.

Kelsey and Andy said...

First Katy I must say you are looking pretty darn cute for a backpacking trip in Europe! I'm definitely praying for you I know how it feels to get sick over there...Just keep taking your meds and it will be all good! Can't wait to see pictures of Dublin!!