Monday, June 8, 2009

When it rains in Paris...

...it pours.

We arrived this afternoon and unfortunately hadn't heard back from Hugo, so we booked a hostel for the night right around the corner from the train station. This is our first time doing a dorm room, but I think it will be alright! We met the girl earlier today, she is a student at the University of Houston. Her and her boyfriend are just ending their three week trip through Eueope. She's really nice and we got along quickly. After a quick bite to eat, we walked to Notre Dame! (It was about a half an hour walk from our hostel.) We walked inside and there was a service going on. There was beautiful singing ringing through the whole building. It was great to be there when a service was going on. We'll head back tomorrow or the next day and walk around some more. There was a lot to see. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in the title, it is absoultely pouring down rain. I'm wearing shorts and flip flops and there are droplets of water all over the keyboard right now! Rain is just pouring off of my jacket. Oh well, we're used to it. Since its raining so much, we decided to just hunker down for the night. Matt is across the street at a grocery store picking up our usual. (Diet Coke and iced tea... mmm...) and then we'll head back to the hostel. Here are some pictures!

This one is from our hotel terrace last night in Milan. You can't really tell, but the moon was absolutely brilliant! It was shining down on us and lit up the whole street. We sat out on the terrace with our iPods until late last night, it was great!

Heres a shot from our morning in Venice yesterday before we got on the train to Milan:

And here is today on the walk to Notre Dame.I just realized that this picture is a little awkward. I think I was trying to point to both buildings behind me, but I don't think Matt knew that was what I was going for. Haha

...and heres Matt!Okay. Just kidding. I apparently dont have one of just Matt on my camera... Sorry Matt! But, here we are in front of Notre Dame. :)

Love you all, tomorrow if its nice we are going to the Eiffel Tower. If not, we'll figure something else out!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Good to see that you made it to Paris. I checked the weather...it is supposed to be rainy the next couple of days. Highs should be 67degrees or so. Don't let that stop you from exploring and having a good time. Love you mucho!

Arleen said...

Did you guys forget to bring the disposable rain ponchos I gave you for the trip? They would come in handy right now while you are touring in the rain. I hope it lets up while you are there. Loved the photos.

Kelsey and Andy said...

The rain is fun isn't it?? Reminds you of home! It sounds like you guys are having a blast we are so jealous:)Keep Soaking it up

Kamille said...

I love Paris as already mentioned in the previous comment on the previous post. I hope you do as well. I made a fresh strawberry tart for dinner tonight and it reminded me of Paris. Keep having a blast and look forward to reading more of your adventures.